Your Natural First Aid Kit Essentials

A good first aid kit can save hundreds of visits to your doctor and empower you to be a confident and capable healer in your own home. For the common illness, wounds and emotional meltdowns, a good first aid kit will have your back! (Obviously with anything serious, consult your GP)


The following items are products I have in my own first aid kit and use regularly. There are definitely other products that could be added to this list but so far we have fared well with just these basics (they are listed in random order)

1. Homeopathic Kit

I love homeopathy and use my kit at least a few times a week for toddler tantrums, bites, sniffles, teething, upset tummies and more. The most common remedies I use are;

Ledum - for stings and bites from insects (including ticks on your pets) Ledum expels the toxins and poisons from them
Apis - also for bites and stings, Apis reduces swelling and redness so is also great for allergies
Chamomila - An absolutel must for teething, colic and toddler tantrums. Also great for all sorts of pain especially toothaches
Belladonna - Use for high fevers or sunburn. Indicate when the person is very red and hot
Nux Vomica - For upset stomachs after overeating, colic and gas
Ipecac - Excellent for nausea esp when associated with gastro
Arsenica Album - great for food poisoning (used this on my dog when he ate macadamia nuts!)

You can buy premade kits or purchase the remedies separately, just make sure you store your remedies in a dark place away from strong smells (such as essential oils) and high EMF's (such as microwaves and powerpoints) as these things diminish the life force of the remedies.

2. Collodial Silver

Collodial silver is an excellent antibacterial and antiviral agent. I use it mostly externally on cuts, wounds and on conjunctivitis (pink eye) but also as a throat gargle for a sore throat.

3. Essential Oils

The main two essential oils I use is a breathe blend and calming blend. The breathe blend (I love doTERRA Easy Air and Lively Living breathe) is simply sanity saving at night if you or a family member have a runny nose or sniffles. I find it works best in a diffuser but you can also place a drop or two on a pillow for relief. A calming blend is great for when the kids get a little crazy and for when you may need extra help having a restful sleep. There are many other great essential oils but these two are the ones I use most regularly

4. Elderberry Syrup

Hands down the best immune system booster ever! I always have a batch of homemade elderberry syrup in my fridge and at the first sign of a sniffle or fever, administer a few tspns. My toddlers absolutely adore it so its easy to administer (yay!) It is so easy to make at home, just google how to make elderberry syrup and there are plenty of videos and recipes to follow. I buy my dried herbs from Austral herbs in Australia buy recommend Mountain Rose herbs in North America.




5. Other essentials

A chemical-free, non-nano sunscreen, aloe vera for sunburn, calendula salve for minor burns, cuts and scratches, band-aids, liposomal vit C sachets for illness, mullein ear oil for earaches and gypsy cold tea blend (dried yarrow, elderflower and peppermint, equal parts steeped in hot water for 20 mins. It is wonderful for any sniffles!). As well as the essentials that every first aid kit should have including bandages, plaster strips, wound dressings and a good burn dressing.

So that's it! My very basic natural first aid kit. Thus far we haven't really needed any extra items, although I do have a pretty extensive herb apothecary that I use to make teas, tinctures and syrups. Comment below what your essentials are, I would love to hear!






Comments